Sticky traps by Shish Industries are a highly-effective tool for identifying adult insect pests present in a greenhouse, including whiteflies, thrips, fungus gnats, shore flies and leaf miners.
Sticky traps can also be used to monitor adult parasitoids released in biological control programs. Sticky traps only capture airborne adults and do not capture immature stages that commonly cause most crop damage. Some greenhouse pests such as spider mites, scales and mealybugs are usually not caught on sticky traps.
Only winged aphids are captured, and winged forms do not typically appear until population levels are high.
For these reasons, sticky traps must be used in ombination with visual plant inspections to confirm the presence of economically damaging pest populations.
Sticky traps provide an easy method for estimating pest population densities. When the timing of pest control actions is based on these relative estimates along with plant sample data from visual inspections, there is generally a reduction in pesticide use.
As a result, there are fewer problems with pesticide resistance, less worker exposure to pesticides, reduced pesticide runoff and improved plant quality with less pesticide induced phytotoxicity symptoms.
Request A Free Quote
Other benefits of using sticky traps in monitoring programs include:
- All-round trap for several pests which can be used both in greenhouses and in the open field
- Thanks to the sticky base, you can quickly register the number of insect pests
- With careful monitoring, you can detect infestations in time to intervene at the ideal moment
- Sticky traps can provide an early warning of pest presence before plant damage is observed, alerting growers to step up visual inspections.
- Once pests are confirmed in a crop, slower acting control strategies can be utilized that are more environmental-friendly and safer options for workers.
- Sticky traps can also indicate greenhouse hot spots and can document migration patterns when placed near doors and vents.
- Data collected from sticky traps can be used to evaluate pest management control actions, including the use of natural enemies.
Bio Smart- Sticky Trap – Blue
Blue Sticky Traps for Easy Pest Detection & Monitoring
Bio Smart Blue Sticky Trap is ideal for detecting the presence of adult insect pests in a greenhouse or open field. With the help of blue sticky traps, farmers can estimate the population density of the pest and take efficient pest control measures. Using sticky traps for detection and monitoring promises reduction in pesticide usage and elimination before the pests can do damage to the crops.
Bio Smart- Sticky Trap- Yellow
Yellow Sticky Trap for Easy Pest Detection & Monitoring
Yellow Sticky Traps are suitable for detection and monitoring of pest population in agricultural sectors. Made using high-quality recyclable plastic, yellow sticky plates can be hung up within the crop areas and attracts pests 24×7. The pests get stuck on the glued part, giving farmers a fair idea about the extent of pest infestation and their population density.
Bio Smart- Sticky Trap- Red
Monitor Pest Population Density with Bio Smart Sticky Trap
Red Sticky Trap is suitable for attracting common leafhoppers like Empoasca Vitis along with other harmful pests. By hanging the sticky traps within your greenhouse/fields, you can get an idea of the pest density in the field and take effective pest control measures. Made using high-quality recyclable plastic, Red Sticky Trap can serve best for crops like sweet pepper and amaryllis.
Bio Smart- Sticky Trap – White
White Bio Smart Sticky Traps for Pest Management
Bio Smart White Sticky Trap is a highly effective solution to detect the presence of pests in a field. By hanging the white sticky traps within the field, farmers can lure the pests who get attracted to the white color and get stuck to the glue plate. Counting the number of pests within a particular period can give you an idea about the pest density in a field. White sticky traps are suitable for crops like eggplant, cucumber and sweet pepper.
Bio Smart- Sticky Trap – Black
Black Bio Smart Sticky Traps for Pest Management
Bio Smart Black Sticky Trap is a highly effective solution to detect the presence of pests in a field. By hanging the white sticky traps within the field, farmers can lure the pests who get attracted to the white color and get stuck to the glue plate. Counting the number of pests within a particular period can give you an idea about the pest density in a field. White sticky traps are suitable for crops like eggplant, cucumber and sweet pepper.
Features & Benefits
- Made using durable and recyclable plastic with glue on both sides
- Long-lasting non-toxic glue
- 100% water repellant and suitable for even hot weather
- Integrated hook for easy hanging
- Easy counting of pests due to grid on one side of the trap plate
- Suitable for vegetables like tomato, sweet pepper, ornamental crops like rose & chrysanthemum, berries like raspberry & strawberry
Need more information?